Mikrobiol. Z. 2019; 81(3):3-13. Russian.
Screening among Bacillus Strains of the Black Sea of Producers
with Fibrinolytic, Elastase and Collagenase Activities
Varbanets L.D.1, Dziubliuk N.A.1, Ivanitsia V.A.2
1Zabolotny Institute of Microbiology and Virology, NAS of Ukraine
154 Akad. Zabolotny Str., Kyiv, 03143, Ukraine
2Odesa Mechnikov National University
2 Dvoryanskaya Str., Odesa, 65082, Ukraine
The aim of the work was to screen among strains of Bacillus isolated from the deepsea ground of the Black Sea, producers with fibrinolytic, elastase and collagenase activities. Methods. To study proteolytic activity casein, fibrin, collagen and congo rot elastin were used as substrates. The protein content was determined by the method of Lowry. Results. As a result of screening among 10 strains of Bacillus isolated from the deep-sea ground of the Black Sea, it was found that the supernatant of the culture liquid of the Bacillus sp. O8 revealed high fibrinolytic activity, while strains 98, 1, and 249 synthesized peptidases with elastase and caseinolytic activities. Collagenase activity was not detected in any of the studied strains. Conclusion. The results of the research allowed to select among the representatives of Bacillus isolated from the deep-sea ground of the Black Sea 4 strains that are promising for further research on the isolation of peptidases with caseinolytic, elastase and fibrinolytic activities from them.
Keywords: strains of Bacillus from the deep-sea ground of Black Sea, elastase, collagenase and fibrinolytic activities.
Full text (PDF, in Russian)
- Koltukova NV, Vaskivniuk VT. [Selection of methods for isolating the proteolytic complex from Bacillus mesentericus 316m for deep cultivation]. Mikrobiol Z. 1980; 42(2):245-248. Russian.
- Lowry OH, Rosebrough NJ, Farr AL, Randall RJ. Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagent. J Biol Chem. 1951; 193(1):265-275.
- Petrova IS, Vintsyunaite MN. [Determination of the proteolytic activity of the enzyme preparations of microbial origin]. Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol. 1966; 2(1):322-327. Russian.
- Masada M. Determination of the thrombolytic activity of Natto extract. Food style. 2004; 8(1):92-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2003.09.001
- Mandl I. Collagenase. Science. 1970; 169(3951):1234-1238. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.169.3951.1234
- Trombridg GO, Moon HD. Purification of human elastase. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 1972; 141(3):928-931. https://doi.org/10.3181/00379727-141-36903
- Varbanets LD, Avdeeva LV, Borzova NV, Matseliuch EV, Gudzenko AV, Kiprianova EA, Yaroshenko LV. [Bacteria of Black sea - producers of hydrolytic enzymes]. Mikrobiol Z. 2011; 73(5):9-15. Russian.
- Venkatanagaraju E, Divakar G, SwethaC. Overview on fibrinolytic proteases purification strategies. Int J Pharm Res Sci. 2014; 02(3):232-246.
- Lakin GF. [Biometrics]. Moscow: High School, 1990. Russian.
- Lapatch S.N., Tchubenko A.V., Babitch P.H. [Statistical methods in biomedical research using "Excel"]. Kyiv: Morion, 2001. Russian.