Mikrobiol. Z. 2018; 80(6):66-78. Ukrainian.
Effect of Phosphate-Mobilized Microbial Preparations on Lectin Activity and Photosyntetic Apparatus
of Winter Wheat Seedlings under Eyespot Causal Agent Infection
Panyuta О.О., Belava V.N., Olkhovych О.P., Taran N.Yu.
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
64/13 Volodymyrska Str., Kyiv, 01601, Ukraine
Aim. Investigate the effect of phosphate-mobilized microbial preparations on lectin activity and photosyntetic pigments content of winter wheat seedlings under eyespot causal agent infection. Methods. Microbiological, physiological, biochemical, statistical. Results. The presowing treatment of wheat seeds with microbial preparations lead to the increase of lectin activity and the photosynthetic pigments content in wheat seedlings of the experimental varieties. Lectin activity increased, but the photosynthetic pigments and protein content decreased under infection. The lectin activity and photosynthetic pigments content of infected seedlings for preparations treatment were higher, but protein content changed depending on wheat variety. Conclusions. It was established that inoculation of wheat seeds with phosphate-mobilized microbial preparations activates the response reaction, protects photosynthetic and translational apparatus of seedlings from degradation under infection.
Keywords: phosphate-mobilized microbial preparations, wheat, eyespot, lectin activity, proteins, photosynthetic pigments.
Full text (PDF, in Ukrainian)
- Kozhukhar TV, Kyrychenko OV. [Influence of seeds bacterization and mineral fertilizers on chlorophyll content in leaves and growing of winter wheat plants]. Journal of Kharkov National Agrarian University. Series Biology. 2010; 1(19): 83−90. Ukrainian.
- Skorokhod IO, Tserkovniak LS, Kurdish IK, Plotnikov VV, Gylchuk VG, Korniychuk OV. [Influence of granulated bacterial preparation complex action on the growth and yield of barley]. Mikrobiol. Z. 2012; 74(3):23−28. Ukrainian.
- Bilgin DD, Zavala JA, Zhu J, Clough SJ, Ort DR, DeLucia EH. Biotic stress globally downregulates photosynthesis genes. Plant, Cell and Environment. 2010; 33(10):1597−1613.
- Lannoo N, Van Damme EJM. Lectin domains at the frontiers of plant defense. Frontiers in plant science. 2014; 5:397.
- Yamaleeva AA. [Plant lectins and their biological role]. Ufa: Izd-vo Bashkirskogo universiteta; 2001. Russian.
- dos Santos RW, Schmidt ÉC, Martins R de P, Latini A, Maraschin M, Horta PA, et al. Effects of cadmium on growth, photosynthetic pigments, photosynthetic performance, biochemical parameters and structure of chloroplasts in the agarophyte Gracilaria domingensis (Rhodophyta, Gracilariales). American Journal of Plant Sciences. 2012; 3:1077−1084.
- Ashraf M, Harris PJC. Photosynthesis under stressful environments: An overview. Photosynthetica. 2013; 51(2):163−190.
- Lobato AKS, Gonçalves-Vidigal MC, Vidigal Filho PS, Costa RCL, Cruz FJR, Santos DGC, et al. Changes in photosynthetic pigment and carbohydrate content in common bean cultivars infected by Colletotrichum lindemuthianum. Plant, Soil and Environment. 2009; 55(2):58−61.
- Nepliy L, Babayants O, Molodchenkova O, Lyashuk N. [Effect HPLC on quantitative content chlorophylls, carotenoids and total sugars in leaves of winter wheat in the southern field Ukraine]. Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Biology. 2013; 63:29−33. Ukrainian.
- Elwakil MA, Baka ZA, Soliman HM, Sadek MS. A modern tactic for reducing the biotic stress on cucumber plants caused by Fusarium oxysporum. Plant Pathology Journal. 2013; 12(1):26−31.
- Kyrychenko AM. [Influence of bean yellow mosaic virus on metabolism of photosynthetic pigments, proteins and carbohydrates in Glycine soja L.]. Mikrobiol. Z. 2014; 76(1):47−51. Ukrainian.
- Gulaeva AB, Tokovenko IP, Patyka VP. [Change in the photosynthetic apparatus winter wheat under the influence of Acholeplasma laidlawii strain 118]. Scientific Issues of Ternopil Volodymyr Hnatiuk National Pedagogical University. Series: Biology. 2015; 1(62):77−83. Ukrainian.
- Kyrychenko OV. [Effect of presowing treatment of spring wheat seeds with wheat germ agglutinin on the chlorophyll content, lectin activity in leaves and nitrogen-fixing capacity of rhizospheric microorganisms]. The Ukrainian Biochemical Journal. 2008; 80(1):107−113. Ukrainian.
- Pogorila NF, Surzhyk LM, Pogorila ZO. [New method of plant lectin testing]. Ukrainian Botanical Journal. 2002; 59(2):217−220. Ukrainian.
- Bradford MM. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry. 1976; 72(1-2):248−254.
- Wintermans JFG, de Mots A. Spectrophotometric characteristics of chlorophylls a and b and their pheophitins in ethanol. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta.1965; 109:448−453.
- Adamovskaya VG, Linchevsky AA, Molodchenkova OO, Cyselskaya LY. [Plant cell walls lectins of spring barley at the defeat of Fusarium culmorum and under the action of salicylic acid]. Physiology and biochemistry of cultivated plants. 2005; 37(3):267−278. Russian.
- Trifonova TV, Maksyutova NN, Timofeeva OA, Chernov VM. [Change in lectin specificity of winter wheat seedlings in the course of infection with mycoplasms]. Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology. 2004; 40(6):588−591. Russian.
- Molodchenkova OO, Adamovskaya VG, Dosenko VYe, Tikhonov PS. [Lectin activity and expression of lectin genes of wheat seedlings at the infection of fungi pathogens and action of salicylic acid]. Journal of Kharkov National Agrarian University. Series Biology. 2012; 2(26):54−60. Russian.
- Shaymullina GH, Khusainova RR, Nevmerzhitskaya YY, Timofeeva OA. [Lectin activity and composition in the wheat cell walls during infection fungal pathogens]. Izvestia of Samara scientific center of the Russian academy of sciences. 2013; 15(3):1697−1700. Russian.
- Nevmerzhitskaya YY, Shaymullina GH, Timofeeva OA. [Activity of lectin proteins and antioxidant enzymes in the wheat germs, infected with micromycetes]. Izvestia of Samara scientific center of the Russian academy of sciences. 2016; 18(2):155−158. Russian.
- Kapustin MA, Gavrilenko NV, Kurchenko VP, Lapkovskaja EM, Yurin VM, Pashkovskii FS, et al. [Influence of presowing treatment of seeds with synthetic prostaglandins on biochemical processes in acrospires of triticale of "Mikola" breed]. Proceedings of the Belarusian State University. 2011; 6(1):231−247. Russian.
- Akimova GP, Sokolova MG. [Low temperature impact on protein content and peroxidase activity during pea inoculation with Rhizobium leguminosarum]. Journal of Stress Physiology & Biochemistry. 2010; 6(4):81−89. Russian.
- Syvash OO, Zolotareva EK. [Chlorophyll catabolism in plants]. Journal of Kharkov National Agrarian University. Series Biology. 2013; 3(30):6−17. Russian.