Mikrobiol. Z. 2018; 80(5):90-97.
Antibiotic and Phytotoxic Activities of Cultural Filtrates of Some Micromycete Strains
National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine
15 Heroyiv Oborony Str., Kyiv, 03041, Ukraine
The aim of work was to test the antibiotic and phytotoxic activity of cultural filtrates of 125 micromycete strains isolated from different ecological niches. Methods. The activity was studied using different test-organisms – Gram negative phytopathogenic bacteria, yeasts and green algae. Results. It is shown that 57 cultures were developed biological activities only. The wide spectrum of antibiotic action and middle antifungal activity was characterized for the cultures of genus Aspergillus and Penicillium. A fungistatic activity was shown only by strains as A. parvulus 31, A. versicolor 60, P. brevicompactum 144, P. rubrum 91 and 93. A significant group consisted of cultures with phytotoxic activity: A. alliaceus 16, A. parvulus 30, A. versicolor 56, Aureobasidium pullulans 41 and 44, Chaetomium globosum 38, Curvularia inaequalis 84, Fusarium merismoides 151, Mortirella vinacea 74 and 82, Paecilomyces lilacinus 127, P. chrysogenum 163. Most strains with antibiotic activity did not show phytotoxic activity against test culture. Conclusions. As it is no findings about phytotoxic effect of strains of A. pullulans and M. vinacea and from the data obtained it might be inferred that the phytotoxic potential of these genus to be the most promising for further researches.
Keywords: micromycetes, antibiotic activity, phytotoxic activity, test-organisms.
Full text (PDF, in English)
- Mérillon J-M, Ramawat KG, editors. Fungal Metabolites. Switzerland: Springer International Publishing; 2017.
- Rubezhniak IG. [Some features of secondary metabolism of microorganisms]. In: Akutina SP, editor. Selected issues of modern science. In: Moscow: Pero; 2011. p. 283-310. Russian.
- Tsyganenko KS, Zaichenko OM. Antybiotychni vlastyvosti deiakykh vydiv rodu Aspergillus Mich. Mikrobiol. Z. 2004; 66(4):56–61. Ukrainian.
- Tsyganenko KS. Otsinka antybiotychnoho potentsialu Aspergillus parvulus Smith. Naukovyi visnyk Chernivetskoho un-tu. Ser. Biolohiia. 2004; 194:33–36. Ukrainian.
- Bilay VI, ed. [Methods of experimental mycology]. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka; 1982. Ukrainian.
- Tsyganenko KS. The evaluation of antibiotic and toxigenic potential of some species micromycetes of genera Aspergillus Mich. Kyiv; 2005. Ukrainian.
- Tsyganenko KS, Zaichenko OM. Kharakterystyka fitotoksychnykh vlastyvostei Aspergillus parvulus Smith. Ahroekol. Z. 2004; 4:42–45. Ukrainian.
- Mejdoub-Trabelsi B, Rania Aydi Ben A, Nawaim A, Mejda Daami R. Antifungal potential of extracellular metabolites from Penicillium spp. and Aspergillus spp. naturally associated to potato against Fusarium species causing tuber dry rot. J. Microb. Biochem. Technol. 2017; 9:181-190.
- Savchuk YaI, Zaichenko OM, Tsyganenko KS. [Antibiotic activity of some fungy]. Mikrobiol. Z. 2013; 75(5):52-61. Ukrainian.
- Gostinčar C, Ohm RA, Kogej T, Sonjak S, Turk M, Zajc J, et al. Genome sequencing of four Aureobasidium pullulans varieties: biotechnological potential, stress tolerance, and description of new species. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:549-577. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2164-15-549
- Chi Z, Wang F, Chi Z, Yue L, Liu G, Zhang T. Bioproducts from Aureobasidium pullulans, a biotechnologically important yeast. Applied microbiology and biotechnology. 2009; 82(5):793–804. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00253-009-1882-2
- Ferreira-Pinto MM, Moura-Guedes MC, Barreiro MG, Pais I, Santos MR, Silva MJ. Aureobasidium pullulansas a biocontrol agent of blue mold in "Rocha" pear". Communications in agricultural and applied biological sciences.2006; 71(3):973–978.
- Zhang D, Spadaro D, Valente S, Garibaldi A, Gullino ML. Cloning, characterization, expression and antifungal activity of an alkaline serine protease of Aureobasidium pullulans PL5 involved in the biological control of postharvest pathogens. Int. J. of Food Microbiology. 2012; 153(3):453–464. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2011.12.016
- Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority. Public release summary on the evaluation of the new active Aureobasidium pullulans (strains DSM 14940 and DSM 14941) in the product Botector Fungicide; August 2017.
- Soman AG, Gloer JB, Wicklow DT. Antifungal and Antibacterial Metabolites from a Sclerotium-Colonizing Isolate of Mortierella vinacea. J. Nat. Prod.1999; 62(2):386–388. https://doi.org/10.1021/np980411h