Mikrobiol. Z. 2018; 80(3):53-65. Ukrainian.
Genetic Profiling of Phytopathenic Bacteria of the Pseudomonas Genus – Agent
of Lupines Wet Watery Rot
Dankevych L.A., Patyka V.Ph.
Zabolotny Institute of Microbiology and Virology, NAS of Ukraine
154 Akad. Zabolotny Str., Kyiv, 03143, Ukraine
Aim. For correct species identification and estimation of group’s heterogeneity, the genome fingerprinting of isolated by us Pseudomonas sp. and collection “Pseudomonas xanthochlora” strains as well as typical representative of Pseudomonas marginalis species and five representative of Pseudomonas fluorescens species biovars has been carried out. Methods. In the course of research, microbiological, molecular genetic (REP-PCR) methods and method of molecular phylogenetics (UPGMA) were used. Results. Genetic heterogeneity of isolated Pseudomonas sp. and collections “Pseudomonas xanthochlora” strains has been established. A significant relationship between isolated Pseudomonas sp. and collections “Pseudomonas xanthochlora” strains with the typical Pseudomonas marginalis pv. marginalis 9175T strain for BOX, REP and ERIC-profiles has been determined. Conclusions. BOX, ERIC and REP-profiling of the genome of the agent of lupines’ wet watery rot revealed no significant genetic heterogeneity of this group of strains (from 6 to 9 % of heterogeneity) and close its similarity to representatives of the species Pseudomonas marginalis (94 - 91 % of the homology of BOX, ERIC and REP-profiles) has been determined. The similarity of the results of genomes BOX, ERIC-profiling of the agent of lupines’ wet watery rot may be useful in the rapid correct diagnosis of this pathogen, especially, in case of pathogens spreading.
Keywords: identification, genetic heterogeneity, REP-PCR, Pseudomonas xanthochlora, Pseudomonas sp.
Full text (PDF, in Ukrainian)
- Aremu BR, Babalola OO. Classification and taxonomy of vegetable macergens. Frontiers in Microbiology 2015; 6:1361-1372. https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2015.01361
- Gvozdyak RI, Pasichnik LA, Yakovleva LM, Moroz SM, Litvinchuk OO, Zhytkevich NV, Hodos SF, Butsenko LM, Dankevich LA, Grinick IV, Patyka VP. Phytopathogenic bacteria. Bacterial diseases of plants. In: LLC NVP Interservice. Kiev; 2011.
- Cottyn B, Regalado E, Lannot B, De Cleene M, Mew TW, Swings J. Bacterial populations associated with rice seed in the tropical environment. Bacteriology. 2001; 91(3):282-292. https://doi.org/10.1094/PHYTO.2001.91.3.282
- Saberi E, Safaie N, Rahimian H. Characterization of bacterial strains associated with sheath rot complex and grain discoloration of rice in North of Iran (Mazandaran province). Jornal of Bacteriology Research. 2013; 5(5):51-61. https://doi.org/10.5897/JBR2013.0115
- Singh BP. Genetic fingerprinting of antimicrobial fluorescent Pseudomonads associated with banana rhizosphere. Austin Journal of Biotechnology & Bioengineering. 2014; 1(2):1-6.
- Bradbury JF. Guide to Plant Pathogenic Bacteria. Ferry Zane; Kew; Syrrey, England: Int. mycolog. Institute, 1986.
- Mikinski A, Sobiczewski P, Sulikowska M, Pulawska J, Treder J. Pectolytic bacteria associated with soft rot of calla lily (Zantedeschia spp.) tubers. Jourmal of Phytopathology. 2010; 158:201-209. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0434.2009.01597.x
- Li J, Chai Z, Yang H, Li G, Wang D. First report of Pseudomonas pv. marginalis as a cause of soft rot of potato in China. Australasian Plant Disease Note. 2007; (2):71-73.
- Dankevich LA, Zakharova OM, Melnichuk MD, Votselko SK, Patyka VPh. REP-PCR Analysis of Rape's bacterial diseases agent. Microbiol. Z. 2014; 76(4):17-25.
- Kreizar V, Mertelik J, Pankova I, Kloudova K, Kudela V. Pseudomonas marginalis associated with soft rot of Zantedeschia spp. Plant Protect. Sci. 2008; 44(3):85–90. https://doi.org/10.17221/16/2008-PPS
- Achbani EH, Sadik S, Kahkahi REl, Benbouazza A, Mazouz H. First report on Pseudomonas marginalis bacterium causing soft rot of onion in Morocco. 2014; 3(2):218-223.
- Wright PJ, Hale CN. A field and storage rot onion caused by Pseudomonas marginalis. New Zealand Journal of Crop and Horticultural Science. 1992; 20:435-438. https://doi.org/10.1080/01140671.1992.10418061
- Bull CT, Huerta AI, Koike ST. First report of blossom blight of strawberry (Fragaria ananassa) caused by Pseudomonas marginalis. Desease Note. 2009; 93(12):1350. https://doi.org/10.1094/PDIS-93-12-1350B
- Bella P, Catara V. Occurrence of tomato pith necrosis caused by Pseudomonas pv. marginalis in Italy. New Disease Reports. 2009; 19:58.
- Beltyukova KI, Korolova IB, Muras VA. Bacterial diseases of legumes crops. In: Nauk. dumka. Kiev; 1974.
- Young JM, Saddler GS, Takikawa Y, De Boer SH, Vauterin L, Gardan L, Gvozdyak RI, Stead DE. Names of plant pathogenic bacteria 1864-1995. Review of Plant Pathology. 1996; 75(9):721-763.
- Brenner DJ, Krieg NR, Staley JT, Garrity G.M. Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology. New York USA: Springer Science+ Business Media; 2005.
- Dankevich LA. Phenotypical identification of agent of lupin's bacterial wet rot. Mikrobiol. Z. 2010; 72(2):43-48.
- Dankevich LA. Phylogenetic analysis of lupin's bacterial wet rot − "Pseudomonas xanthochlora". Mikrobiol. Z. 2011; 73(6):20-24.
- Charan AR, Reddy VP, Reddy PN, Reddy SS, Sivaramakrishnan S. Assessment of genetic diversity in Pseudomonas fluorescens using PCR-based methods. Bioremediation, Biodiversity and Biovailability. 2011; 5(1):10-16.
- Chen Q, Qi P, Xu R, Tambong JT, Djama ZR, Li W. Comparison of three typing methods for evaluating the diversity of Pseudomonas fluorescens in the rhizosphere. Journal of Plant Sciences. 2011; 6(2):52-65. https://doi.org/10.3923/jps.2011.52.65
- Latour X, Corberand Th, Laguerre G, Allard F, Lemanceau Ph. The composition of fluorescent Pseudomonad populations associated with roots is influenced by plant and soil type. Applied and Enviromental Microbiology. 1996; 62(7):2449-2456.
- Louws FJ, Rademaker JLW, de Bruijn FJ. The three DS of PCR−based genomic analysis of phytobacteria: Diversity, Detection, and Disease Diagnosis. Annual Reviews Phytopathology. 1999; 37:81-125. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.phyto.37.1.81
- Louws FJ, Fulbright DW, Stephens CT. Specific genomic fingerprints of phytopathogenic Xanthomonas and Pseudomonas pathovars and strains generated with repetitive sequences and PCR. Applied and Enviromental Microbiology. 1994; 60(7):2286-2295.
- Mehri I, Turki Y, Daly I, Ben Rjab A, Hassen A, Gtari M. Molecular identification and assessment of genetic diversity of fluorescent pseudomonas based on different polymerase chain reaction (PCR) methods. African Journal of Microbiology Research. 2013; 7(19):2103-2113. https://doi.org/10.5897/AJMR12.2364