Mikrobiol. Z. 2018; 80(1):67-76. Ukrainian.
Bacterial Disease of Ulmus glabra Huds. in Stands of Kyiv Polissya of Ukraine
Iavniy M.I.1, Puzrina N.V.2
1Darnytsa Park Forestry Community Enterprise
35 Novorosiyskaya Str., Kyiv, 02000, Ukraine
2National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine
13 Heroyiv Oborony Str., Kyiv, 03041, Ukraine
The purpose of the research. A signifcant place in the complex of causes of drying of woody plants is occupied by pathological factors - fungal and bacterial diseases, but the information about latter is extremely limited. Aim the work – study of the symptomatology and etiology of infectious disease causative agents, clarifcation of their species diversity in the elm trees of the Kiev Polissya of Ukraine. Methods. Reconnaissance and detailed methods of pathological examinations, as well as methods of phytopathological, microbiological and mycological studies by conventional methods were used in the research. Results. The results of studies of pathological changes in trunk cuts and branches of elm trees with symptoms of bacterial disease are compared with those of the elm trunk without lesion symptoms. The species composition of pathogens of bacteriosis of forest wood plants is much smaller than the pathogens of fungal diseases, however, when we surveyed plantations of Ulmus glabra Huds., signs symptoms of the disease caused by phytopathogenic bacteria were characterized. The reasons for drying in not all cases could be established due to layers of secondary pathology factors, as in separate trees and in curtains of ashes and dead trees, we observed a high density of settlement of stem pests, which are the carriers of pathogens. The biological features of isolated bacterial isolates are presented. Conclusions. Distinguished from affected samples of elm trees isolate bacteria by morphological and physiological and biochemical properties identifed as Enterobacter nimipressuralis (Carter 1945) Brenner et al. 1988 (according to Brady C. et al. – Lelliottia nimipressuralis (Carter 1945), Brady et al., 2013).
Keywords: bacterial disease, pathogenic microbiota, infectious pathology, pathogenesis, prevalence of diseases.
Full text (PDF, in Ukrainian)
- Cherpakov VV. [Bacterial diseases of forest trees in forest pathology]. SPb GLTU. 2012; 200:292-303. Russian.
- Lindeman GV. [Wet bacilliosis of the trunk on different types of ilmic and the relationship of bacteriosis pathogens with elm trees]. Forestry. 2008; 5:3-11. Russian. https://doi.org/10.3832/efor0516-005
- Wang G. [Identifcation and characterization of the Enterobacter complex causing mulberry wilt disease in China]. Plant Pathology. 2010; 126:465-468. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10658-009-9552-x
- Charles HH. [Bacterial wet wood disease of trees]. The University of Tennessee Agricultural Extension Service. 2004; 9:68-70.
- Hvozdiak RI, Hrebeniuk MV, Volkova VP. [Circadian rhythms of plant resistance to pathogenic bacteria]. AN URSR. 1973; 7:662-665. Ukrainian.
- Patyka VP, Omelianets TH, Hrynyk IV, Petrychenko VF. Ekolohiia mikroorhanizmiv. K; 2007. Ukrainian.
- Izrailskii VN. Bakterialnye bolezni rastenii. M.: Kolos; 1979. Russian.
- Hoichuk AF, Hordiienko MI, Hordiienko NM. Patolohiia dibrov. K.: NNT IAE; 2004. Ukrainian.
- Shcherbin-Parfenenko AL. Bakterialnye zabolevaniya lesnyh porod. M.: Goslesbumizdat; 1963. Russian.
- Hoichuk AF, Reshetnyk LL, Maksymchuk NV. Metody lisopatolohichnykh obstezhen. Zhytomyr: Polissia; 2012. Ukrainian.
- Patyka VP, Pasichnyk LA, Dankevych LA, Moroz SM, Butsenko LM, Zhytkevych NV et al. Diahnostyka fitopatohennykh bakterii. Kyiv: 2014. Ukrainian.
- Klement Z, Rudolf K, Sands D. Methods in phytobacteriology. Budapest: Academiai Kiado; 1990.
- Boore DR, Castenholz RW. Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology. New York, Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer; 2005. 2.
- Brady C., Cleenwerck I., Venter S., Coutinho T., De Vos P. Taxonomic evaluation of the genus Enterobacter based on multilocus sequence analysis (MLSA): proposal to reclassify E. nimipressuralis and E. amnigenus into Lelliottia gen. nov. as Lelliottia nimipressuralis comb. nov. and Lelliottia amnigena comb. nov., respectively, E. gergoviae and E. pyrinus into Pluralibacter gen. nov. as Pluralibacter gergoviae comb. nov. and Pluralibacter pyrinus comb. nov., respectively, E. cowanii, E. radicincitans, E. oryza and E. arachidis into Kosakonia gen. nov. as Kosakonia cowanii comb. nov., Kosakonia radicincitans comb. nov., Kosakonia oryzae comb. nov. and Kosakonia arachidis comb. nov., respectively, and E. turicensis, E. helveticu and E. pulveris into Cronobacter as Cronobacter zurichensis nom. nov., Cronobacter helveticus comb. nov. and Cronobacter pulveris comb. nov., respectively, and emended description of the genera Enterobacter and Cronobacter. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2013; 36(5):309-19. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.syapm.2013.03.005
- Kryukova EA, Fedunova GV. Bakterioz ilmovyh v ilmovyh lesnyh nasazhdeniyah Nizhnego Povolzhya. Volgograd. 1990; 2(100): 144-152. Russian.