Mikrobiol. Z. 2015; 77(1):14-19. Ukrainian.
Synthesis of Pigments by Bacteria of Bacillus Genus at Growing on Different Nutrition Media
Avdeeva L.V., Boretska К.Е., Кharhota M.A., Nechipurenko O.O.
Zabolotny Institute of Microbiology and Virology, NAS of Ukraine
154 Akad. Zabolotny Str., Kyiv, 03143, Ukraine
The ability of Bacillus strains to produce pigments under their growing on different nutrient media has been investigated. Gause 2 medium and glucose-mineral medium were the most favorable ones for pigments synthesis. All investigated strains were divided into three groups based on the features of pigment formation under their growing on the Gause 2 medium. It has been shown that the sources of nitrogen, carbon, amino acids and trace elements in the medium greatly affected the production of pigments. It was found that the investigated Bacillus strains were able to produce carotenoids, melanins and pulherrimins.
Key words: bacteria of genus Bacillus, pigments synthesis, nutrition sources.
Full text (PDF, in Ukrainian)
- Deyneka V.I., Shaposhnikov A.A., Deyneka L.A. Karotinoidy: stroenie, biologicheskie funktsii i perspektivy primeneniya. Nauchnye vedomosti. 2008; 6:19–25.
- Kulakovskaya E.V. Antifungalnye tsellobiozolipidy drozhzhevykh gribov: Avtoref. dis. kand. biol. nauk: 03.00.04 Biokhimiya. Pushchino, 2006.
- Lyakh S.P. Mikrobnyi melaninogenez. Moskva: Nauka, 1998.
- Feofilova E.P. Pigmenty mikroorganizmov. Moskva: Nauka, 1974.
- Cryle M.J., Bell S.G., Schlichting I. Structural and biochemical characterization of the cytochrome P450 CypX (CYP134A1) from Bacillus subtilis: a cyclo-L-leucyl-L-leucyl dipeptide oxidase. Biochemistry. 2010; 49(34):7282–7296. https://doi.org/10.1021/bi100910y
- Rodriguez-Amaya D.B., Kimura M. Harvestplus Handbook for Carotenoid Analysis. Washington: HarvestPlus Technical Monograph, 2004.