Mikrobiol. Z. 2019; 81(1):94-105. Ukrainian.
Features of the Functioning of Symbiotic Systems and Photosynthetic Apparatus of Soybean
Inoculated by Bradyrhizobium japonicum under the Influence of Metal Carboxylate
Morgun V.V., Rybachenko L.I., Kots S.Yа., Kirishiy D.A., Kukol K.P., Rybachenko O.R.
Institute of Plant Physiology and Genetics, NAS of Ukraine
31/17 Vasylkivska Str., Kyiv, 03022, Ukraine
Aim. To study the influence of metal carboxylates as components of the inoculum suspension on the processes of formation and functioning of symbiotic systems as well as the activity of the photosynthetic apparatus of soybean. Methods. Microbiological, physiological, biochemical, gas chromatography, spectrophotometry. Results. The use of molybdenum, iron and germanium carboxylates as components of the rhizobium culture medium in ration 1:1000 stimulates the nitrogen-fixing activity of symbiotic systems and the intensity of photosynthesis in soybean leaves. In this case, the strongest positive effect was made by carboxylate germanium. Conclusions. Based on the results obtained, we recommend the use of combinations of active strains of nodule bacteria with germanium carboxylate in the creation of complex biopreparations for leguminous plants that provides the formation of a powerful and highly active symbiotic apparatus on the roots and stimulates the intensity of photosynthesis in soybean leaves.
Keywords: Bradyrhizobium japonicum, carboxylates of molybdenum, iron, germanium, nitrogen fixation activity, photosynthesis intensity.
Full text (PDF, in Ukrainian)
- Petrychenko VF, Kots SYa. [Symbiotic systems in modern agricultural production]. Visnyk of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. 2014; 3:57–66. Ukrainian.
- Patyka VP, Krutylo DV, Kovalevska TM. [Influence of gauge populations of soybean bacteria on the symbiotic activity of the introduced strain Bradyrhizobium japonicum 634b]. Mikrobiol Z. 2004; 3(66):14–21. Ukrainian.
- Pervachuk MV, Vradii OI. [Intensification of the process of fixation of atmospheric nitrogen under the influence of microbial preparations on crops of perennial legumes]. Agriculture and forestry. Ecology and environment protection. 2016; 4:220–230. Ukrainian.
- Kots SYa, Peterson NV. [Mineral elements and fertilizers in plant nutrition. Edition 2 revised and supplemented]. Kiev: Logos; 2009. Ukrainian.
- Fedorenko VF, Erokhyn MN, Balabanov VY, Buklahyn DS, Holubev YH, Yshchenko SA. [Nanotechnologies and nanomaterials in the agro-industrial complex: scientific edition]. Moscow: FGBNU "Rosinformagrotekh"; 2011. Russian.
- Vyldflush YR, Tsyhanov AR, Myshura OY. [Efficiency of use of microfertilizers and plant growth regulators in the cultivation of crops]. Minsk: Belarusian science; 2011. Belarussian.
- Pykun PT. [Lucerne and its possibilities]. Minsk: Belarusian science; 2012. Belarussian.
- Trakhtenberh IM, Dmytrukha NM. [Nanoparticles of metals, methods of obtaining, scope of application, physico-chemical and toxic properties]. Ukrainian Journal of Medical Problems. 2013; 4(37):62–74. Ukrainian.
- Nesli S, Kokini JL. Nanotechnology and its applications in the food sector. Trends in Biotechnology. 2009; 2(27):82–89.
- Omelchenko AV, Yurkova YN. [Influence of presowing seed treatment with nanobioserebro on growth processes and water exchange of winter wheat under simulated drought conditions]. Young Scientist. 2015; 18:23–26. Russian.
- Child JJ. Nitrogen fixation by a Rhizobium sp. association with nonleguminous plant cell cultures. Nature. 1975; 253:350–351. https://doi.org/10.1038/253350a0
- Kosinov MV, Kaplunenko VG. The method of obtaining ecologically pure nanoparticles of electrically conductive metals «Electropulse ablation». Patent 37412UA. Publ. 25.11.2008, Bul. 22. Ukrainian.
- Kaplunenko VG, Kosinov MV. Ultrapure aqueous solution of metal nanocarboxylate. Patent 39397UA. Publ. 25.02.2009, Bul. 4. Ukrainian.
- Hardy RWF, Holsten RD, Jackson EK, Burns RC. The acetylene-ethylene assay for N2 fixation: laboratory and field evaluation. Plant Physiol. 1968; 43:1185–1207. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.43.8.1185
- [Photosynthesis and bioproductivity: methods for determining]. Mokronosov AT, Kovalev AH, editors. Moscow: Agropromizdat; 1989. Russian.
- Dospehov BA. [Methodology of field experiment]. Moscow: Agropromizdat; 1985. Russian.
- Vasyliuk VM, Kirizii DA, Kots SYa. [Dynamics of photosynthetic and nitrogen-fixation activity and productivity of soybeans inoculated by Tn5 mutants Bradyrhizobium japonicum]. Visnyk of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. 2008; 1:147–152. Ukrainian.
- Bityutskiy NP. [Necessary mikroelements paints]. Textbook for high schools. Saint Petersburg: DEAN; 2005. Russian.
- Mortvedt YY. Micronutriens in Crop Production. Soil crop Sci. Soc. 1988; 47:5–9.
- Lukianchuk VD, Seifullina II, Litvynenko DF, Martsynko OE. [Pharmacological properties of organic and coordination compounds of germanium - modern presentation]. Pharmacology and doctor toxicology. 2016; 1(47):3–13. Ukrainian.
- Lukevych YeYa, Har TK, Yhnatovych LM, Myronov VF. [Biological activity of germanium compounds]. Ryga: Zynatne; 1990. Latvian.
- Menchykov LH, Yhnatenko MA. [Biological activity of organic compounds of germanium]. Chemical-Pharmaceutical Journal. 2012; 11(46):3–6. Russian.
- Sytar OV, Novytska NV, Taran NYu, Kalenska SM, Hanchurin VV. [Nanotechnology in modern agriculture]. Physics of the living. 2010; 3(18):113–116. Ukrainian.
- Karyagin YuG. [Efficiency of bacterization of soybean plants by active races of nodule bacteria]. Microbiology. 1980; 1(49):141–146. Russian.
- Nhuen Tkhy Chy, Andreeva TF, Nychyporovych AA. [Interrelation of photosynthesis with nitrogen fixation in lupine plants]. Plant physiology. 1983; 5(30):925–930. Russian.
- Feller U, Anders I, Mae T. Rubiscolytics: fate of Rubisco after its enzymatic function in a cell is terminated. J. Exp. Bot. 2008; 7(59):1615–1624.
- Wingler A, Lea PJ, Quick WP, Leegood RC. Photorespiration: metabolic pathways and their role in stress protection. Phil. T. Roy. Soc. B. 2000; 355:1517–1529. https://doi.org/10.1098/rstb.2000.0712
- Kots SYa, Morhun VV, Patyka VF, Datsenko VK, Kruhova ED, Kyrychenko EV et al. [Biological fixation of nitrogen: legume-rhizobia symbiosis]. Kiev: Logos, 2010. Ukrainian.