Mikrobiol. Z. 2018; 80(5):76-89. Ukrainian.
Influence of Fungicides on the Formation, Functioning and Peroxidase Activity
of Root Soybean Nodules at Inoculation by Rhizobia, Incubated with Lectin
Pavlyshche A.V., Mamenko T.P., Rybachenko L.I., Kots S.Ya.
Institute of Plant Physiology and Genetics, NAS of Ukraine
31/17 Vasylkivska Str., Kyiv, 03022, Ukraine
Aim. To study the influence of preparations with fungicidal action on the formation and functioning of a symbiotic apparatus and the reaction of protective enzymes with peroxidase activity (guaiacol- and ascorbate peroxidase) in root soybean nodules when inoculated with Bradyrhizobium japonicum, incubated of lectin. Methods. Microbiological, physiological, biochemical, gas chromatography, spectrophotometry. Results. The use of complex treatment of soybean seeds with fungicides (Fever, Maxime XL) and inoculant (B. japonicum 634b strain) induces an increase in the level of enzymes with peroxidase activity and contributes to the preservation of the effectiveness of the robots of the symbiotic apparatus. Soybean inoculation with a suspension of rhizobia incubated with lectin, with treatment of seeds with fungicides, had a negative effect on the formation and functioning of soybean - rhizobial symbiosis. Conclusion. Homologous lectin of soybean seeds, as a component of inoculation suppression, at a concentration of 100 μg/ml, raises the effectiveness of soybean symbiotic systems - Bradyrhizobium japonicum (strain standard 634b), however, can not be considered as an antidote for toxic effects of fungicides (Fever, Maxim XL, Standak Top) on a symbiotic apparatus in strictly controlled conditions of a model vegetation experiment and requires further research in soil culture.
Keywords: Glycine max (L.) Merr., Bradyrhizobium japonicum, guaiacol peroxidase, ascorbate peroxidase, symbiosis, fungicide, lectin.
Full text (PDF, in Ukrainian)
- Kobak SYa, Kolisnik SI, Serevetnyk OV. [The most common diseases of soybean and the effectiveness of BASF products for their control]. Agrobusiness today. 2016; 10(329):46-47. Ukrainian.
- Sergienko V. [Diseases of soybeans and measures of its limitation]. Agrobusiness today. 2012; 11 (234):28-30. Ukrainian.
- Trybel SO, Strigoon OO. [Phytosanitary state of soybean agrocenoses and integrated plant protection]. Plant protection and quarantine. 2011; 57:224-247. Ukrainian.
- Petrichenko VF, Kots SYa. [Symbiotic systems in modern agricultural production]. Bulletin of NAS of Ukraine. 2014; 3:57-66. Ukrainian.
- Nikolaevsky V, Sirenko V, Titova L. [Effect of pre-seed bacterialization of seeds on disease development and yield of soya]. Stiinta Agricola. 2017; 1:55-59. Ukrainian.
- Kirichenko OV. [Phytolecines and diazotrophs - polyfunctional components of complex biological compositions]. Biotechnologia acta. 2014; 7(1):40-53. Ukrainian.
- Ayouba A, Causse H, van Damme EJM. Interactions of plant lectins with the components of the bacterial cell wall peptidoglican. Biochem. Syst. Ecol. 1994; 22:488-495. https://doi.org/10.1016/0305-1978(94)90005-1
- Rudiger H, Gabius HJ. Plant lectins: Occurrence, biochemistry, functions and applications. Glycoconjug. J. 2001; 18:589-613. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1020687518999
- Belaeva VN, Panyuta OO, Taran NYu. The role of lectins in protective reactions of plants to the action of fventopathogens. Physiology and biochemistry of the cult. Plants. 2009; 41(3):221-223.
- Babosha AV. [Inducible lectins and resistance of plants to pathogenic organisms and abiotic stresses]. Biochemistry. 2008; 73(7):1007-1022. Russia.
- Hoff PLD, Brill LM, Hirsch AM. Plant lectins: the ties that bind in root symbiosis and plant defense. Mol. Genet. Genomic. 2009; 282(1):1-15. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00438-009-0460-8
- Kots SY, Morgun VV, Patyka VF et al. [Biological fixation of nitrogen: bean-rhizobial symbiosis]. Kyiv: Logos; 2010. Ukrainian.
- Veselovskaya LI., Mikhalkov LM., Kots SYa. [Effect of exogenous lectin on the effectiveness of Glycine max - Bradirizobium japonicum symbiosis under drought conditions]. Plant physiology and genetics. 2013; 45(4):319-326. Ukrainian.
- Grodzinsky AM, Grodzinsky DM. [Brief Directory of Plant Physiology]. Kyiv: Science thought, 1964. Ukrainian.
- Hardy RWF., Holsten RD, Jackson EK, Burns RC. The acetylene-ethylene assay for nitrogen fixation: laboratory and field evalution. Plant Physiol. 1968; 43(8):1185-1207. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.43.8.1185
- Nakano Y, Asada K. Hydrogen peroxidase is scavenged by ascorbate-specific peroxidase in spinach chloroplasts. Plant Cell Physiol. 1981; 22(5):867-880.
- Egley GH, Paul RN, Vaughn KC, Duke SO. Role of peroxidase in the development of water impermeable seed coats in Sida sprinosa L. Planta. 1983; 157(1):224-232. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00405186
- Bradford MA. Rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of the microgram quantities of protein utilising: the principle of protein–dye binding. Anal. Biochem. 1976; (72):248-254. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(76)90527-3
- Fox JE, Gulledge J, Engelhaupt E, Burow ME, McLachlan JA. Pecticides reducesymbiotic efficiency of nitrogen-fixing rhizobia and host plants. PNAS. 2007; 104(24):10282-10287. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0611710104
- Bikrol A, Saxena N, Singh K. Response of Glycine max in relation to nitrogen fixation as influenced by fungicide seed treatment. African J. Biotechnolol. 2005; 4(7):667-671. https://doi.org/10.5897/AJB2005.000-3122
- Plant protection products - Bayer, Basf, Syngenta, Dupont, Avgust. Product catalog - http://www.demetra-agra.com.ua
- Evtushenko MD, Marutin FM, Turenko VP et al. Phytopharmacolia. Kyiv: Higher Education, 2004. Ukrainian.
- Pavlysche AV, Kirizy DA, Kots SYa. [Reaction of symbiotic soybean systems on the action of fungicides in different methods of processing]. Plant physiology and genetics. 2017; 49(3):237-247. Ukrainian.
- Etzler ME. From structure to activity: new insights into the functions of legume lectins. Trends Glycosci. Glycotechnol. 1998; 10(53):247-255. https://doi.org/10.4052/tigg.10.247
- Owens RA, Blecburn M, Ding B. Possible involvement of the phloem lectin in longdistance varied movement. Mol. Plant-Micr. Int. 2001; 14(7):905-909.
- Zhiznovskaya GYa, Troitskaya GN, Borodenko LI, Izmaylov SF. Peroxidase and catalase in root nodules of fodder beans at effective and ineffective symbiosis with rhizobia. Physiology and Biochemistry of the cult. Plants. 2001; 33(6):285-290. Ukrainian.
- Kartashova ER., Rudenskaya GN, Yurina EV. Polyfunctionality of plant peroxidases and their practical use. S.- h. Biology. 2000; 5:63-70.