Mikrobiol. Z. 2018; 80(5):25-35. Russian.
The Influence of Cultivation Parameters of Penicillium sp. 27 on the α-L-Rhamnosidase Activity
Gudzenko O.V., Borzova N.V., Varbanets L.D.
Zabolotny Institute of Microbiology and Virology, NAS of Ukraine
154 Akad. Zabolotny Str., Kyiv, 03143, Ukraine
The aim. Study of the influence of some parameters of cultivation on the process of biosynthesis of extracellular α-L-rhamnosidase by the Penicillium sp. 27. Methods. Optimization of the growth medium was carried out on the Czapek base medium of the following composition, g/l: NaNO3 - 2; KH2PO4 - 1; KCl - 0.5; MgSO4×7H2O - 0.5; FeSO4×7H2O – 0,015; rhamnose - 4, pH - 6.0. As a carbon sources were used: xylose, arabinose, glucose, galactose, rhamnose, mannose, lactose, maltose, sucrose, mannitol. The sources of nitrogen were sodium nitrate, ammonium chloride, ammonium sulfate, ammonium acetate, yeast autolysate, yeast extract, peptone, urea, soybean flour. The α-L-rhamnosidase activity was determined by the Romero method, and the protein by the method of Lowry et al. Results. Investigation of the influence of some parameters of cultivation on the process of biosynthesis of α-L-rhamnosidase by Penicillium sp. 27 showed that for maximal biosynthesis the optimum sources of carbon and nitrogen were rhamnose (8 g/l) and peptone (3 g/l), temperature 25 °C , the initial pH of the medium was 5.0. It was established that the maximum level of α-L-rhamnosidase activity is reached on the seventh day of cultivation. Conclusions. When the Penicillium sp. 27 was grown under suitable conditions, the synthesis of α-L-rhamnosidase increased seven-fold. The activity of the enzyme in the supernatant of the culture liquid was 4.5 U/mg protein.
Keywords: α-L-rhamnosidase, parameters of cultivation, Penicillium sp. 27, sources of carbon and nitrogen.
Full text (PDF, in Russian)
- Varbanets L.D., Borzova N.V. [Glycosidases of microorganisms and research methods]. Kyiv: Nauk. Dumka; 2010. Ukrainian.
- Gudzenko O. V., Varbanets L.D. [Microbial α-L-rhamnosidases producers, properties, practical use] Biotechnologia Acta. 2012; 5(6):9-26. Ukrainian.
- Gudzenko O.V., Varbanets LD., Kurchenko IM., Naconechnaya LT. [Screening of the producents α-L-rhamnosidases amongst representatives of Penicillium]. Microbiol Z. 2016; 78(2):33-42. Ukrainian. https://doi.org/10.15407/microbiolj78.02.033
- Romero C., Manjon A., Bastida J. A method for assaying rhamnosidase activity of naringinase. Analytical Biochemistry. 1985; 149(2):566–571. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(85)90614-1
- Lowry O.H., Rosebrough N.J., Farr A.L., Randall R. J. Protein measurement with folinphenol reagent. J. Biol. Chem. 1951; 193(2):265-275.
- Lakyn H. F. Byometryia. Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola; 1990. Russian.
- Kumar V. Comparative studies on inducers in the production of naringinase from Aspergillus niger MTCC 1344. African J. of Biotechnol. 2010, 9(45):7683–7686.
- Yadav V., Yadav K.D.S. New fungal for α-L-rhamnosidase an important enzyme used in the synthesis of drugs and drug precursors. Appl. Biochemistry and Microbiol. 2010; 48(3):295–301. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0003683812030155
- Gudzenko OV, Varbanets LD [Optimization of cultivation conditions of α-L-rhamnosidases producers – representatives of different taxonomic groups of microorganisms]. Microbiol Z. 2011; 73(3):46-52. Ukrainian.
- Gudzenko OV, Varbanets LD [Optimization of cultivation conditions of Penicillium tardum – α-L-rhamnosidase producer]. Microbiol Z. 2015; 77(4):26-31. Ukrainian.
- Puri M. Updates on naringinase: structural and biotechnological aspects. Appl. Microb. and Biotechnol. 2012; 93(1):49–60. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00253-011-3679-3
- Yadav V., Yadav P. K., Yadav S., Yadav K. D. S. α-L-Rhamnosidase: A review. Process Biochemistry.2010; 45(8):1226–1235. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procbio.2010.05.025
- Manzanares P., Valles S., Ramon D., Orejas M. α-L-rhamnosidase: old and new insights. Industrial Enzymes: Springer; 2007. p. 117-140.
- Puri M., Banerjee A., Banerjee U. C. Optimization of process parameters for the production of naringinase by Aspergillus niger MTCC-1344. Process Biochemistry. 2005; 40(1):195–201. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procbio.2003.12.009
- Yadav S., Yadav K. D. S. Secretion of α-L-rhamnosidases by some indigenous fungal strains. J. of Scientific and Industrial Research. 2004; 63:439–443.