Mikrobiol. Z. 2017; 79(4):12-20. Russian.
Influence of the Cultivation Conditions of Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023 and
its Streptomycinresistant Mutant on the Surface Properties of these Bacteria
Roy A.A.1, Kurdish I.K.1, Ostapyuk S.N.2, Savelyev Yu.V.2
1Zabolotny Institute of Microbiology and Virology, NAS of Ukraine
154 Akad. Zabolotny Str., Kyiv, 03143, Ukraine
2Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, NAS of Ukraine
48 Kharkiv Highway, Kyiv, 02160, Ukraine
Aim. It was to study the infuence of the cultivation conditions of Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023 and its streptomycin resistant mutant in medium with calcium glycerophosphate on surface characteristics of cells by the method Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy. Methods. In this experimental work was used microbiological, chemical, physical, biochemical, and statistical methods. Bacteria were grown in a mineral medium with calcium glycerophosphate as phosphorus and carbon source simultaneously with or calcium glycerophosphate and glucose. Spectra characteristic components of the cell surface of Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023 and its streptomycin resistant mutant were recorded by the method Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy on the device FT-IR Spectrometer “Tensor-37” from Bruker. Results. The cultivation conditions of bacteria in medium with calcium glycerophosphate and various sources of carbon nutrition signifcantly affected the properties of their cell surface. FT-IR spectra of the surface of cells characterize redistribution of intensity peaks mainly responsible for amide group (protein) NH-CO and an ether bond C-O and groups P-O and P-O-C depending on the use of a source of carbon nutrition by bacteria. Conclusion. The obtained results showed the possibility of utilization of glycerophosphate not only on the cell surface, as was the case of its use bacteria as a source of phosphorus (where the main role played phosphatase associated with surface structures bacilli), but also about the participation of other enzymes capable of degrading the compound at the place of carbon bonds in the molecule, it can be used as a source of carbon and phosphorus simultaneously.
Key words: Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023, streptomycin resistant mutant, bacterial cell surface, Fournier Transform Infrared Spectra.
Full text (PDF, in Russian)
- Utkin D.V., Kuklev V.E., Erohyn D.V., Osina N.A. [Application methods for spеctroscopy and identifcation patogens biological agents]. Especially problems hazardous infection. 2011; 108:68-71. Russian.
- Preisner O., Lopes J.A., Guiomar R., Machado J., Menezes C. Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectroscopy in bacteriology: towards a reference method for bacteria discrimination. Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 2007; 387(5):1739-1748.
- Sergeychuk М.G. [IF-spectroscopy in identifcation bacteria of Bacillus]. Manuscript candidate degree thesis by speciality biological sciences. Kiev; 1980. 24 p. Ukrainian.
- Rodriguez-Saona L.E., Khambaty F.M., Fry F.S., Dubois J., Calvey E.M. Detection and identifcation of bactеria in a juce matrix with Fourier transform-near infrared spectroscopy and multivariate analysis. J. Food Prot. 2004; 67(11):2555-2559. https://doi.org/10.4315/0362-028X-67.11.2555
- Rebuffo C.A., Schmitt J., Wenning M., von Stetten F., Scherer S. Reliable and rapid identifcation of Listeria monocytogenes and Listeria species by artifcial neural networkbased Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. Appl. Enwiron. Microbiol. 2006; 72:994-1000.
- Wenning M., Buchel N., Scherer S. Species and strain identifcation of lactic acid bacteria using FTIR spectroscopy and artifcial neural networks. J. Biophoton. 2010; 3(8-9):493-505.
- Vershigora A.E., Averkiev A.A., Paster E.U., Pozur V.K. Kholodnaya L.S. [IR- spectra of certain substances and chemical fraction of Staphylococcus]. Microbiol. J. 1981; 43(4):482-486. Ukrainian.
- Roy A.A., Gordienko A.S., Kurdish I.K. [Growth peculiarities and properties of Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023 cell surface in the medium with glycerophosphate]. Microbiol. J. 2009; 71(2):63-68. Ukrainian.
- Patent of Ukraine №54923 A. Strain of bacteria Bacillus subtilis for bacterial fertilizer obtaining for plant growing / I.K. Kurdish, A.O. Roy.− Published in 2003, Вulletin № 3. Ukrainian.
- Kurdish I.K., Roy A.A., Chuiko N.V., Bulavenko L.V., Tsarenko I. J. Microbial preparation of complex action on plants. Proc. 1-th Intern Sympos. on Biol. Control of Bacterial Plant Discus. Darmstadt Germany, 23-26 October 2005. Helf 1282005, Berichte Biol. Bundesanst fur Forstwirstch 2005. 128.
- Roi A.A., Yatzenko I.P., Gordienko A.S., Kurdish I.K. [Fuatures of Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023 and its streptomycin-resistant strain]. Applied Microbiology and Biochemistry.2011; 47(1):23-28. Russian.
- Roi A.A., Bulavenko L.V., Kurdish I.K. [New strains of soil bacilli mineralizing organic phosphorus compоunds]. Microbiol. J. 2001; 63(4). Ukrainian.
- Vershinina O.A., Nehotieva H.V., Sharikova M.P. Alcaline phosphаtase of bacilli. Dep. VYNYTY 18.01.1997; 131-В 97:23.
- James A.M. The electrical properties and topochemistry of bacterial cells. Adv. Colloid. and Interface Sci. 1982; 15(3/4):171-211.
- Voitenko E.Yu., Puchkovskaya T.A., Bezrodnaya N.A., Ulberg Z.R., Gryshchenko N.I. Invеstigation by Infrared Spectroscopy of biocompozite preparations with colloid argentums. Nanostructure materials research. 2009; 4:93-103.
- Jamеs A.M., Brever V.E. Non-protein components of the cell surface of Staphylococcus aureus. Biochem. J. 1967; 107(6):817-821.