Mikrobiol. Z. 2017; 79(4):3-11. Ukrainian.
Influence of Physico-Chemical Factors on Dehydrogenase Activity of Azotobacter vinelandii
Kurdish I., Gerasimenko I.
Zabolotny Institute of Microbiology and Virology, NAS of Ukraine
154 Akad. Zabolotny Str., Kyiv, 03143, Ukraine
Aim. Different factors were infuence on physiology-biochemical activity of bacteria – components microbial preparations for plant-growth. The aim of this work was to study the infuence of different factors on dehydrogenase activity of Azotobacter vinelandii IMV B-7076 – compound of the complex bacterial preparation Azogran. Methods. In this experimental work was used microbiological, biochemical, and statistical methods. Dehydrogenase activity was measured accordingly to the method is based on the reduction of 2,3,5-triphenyltetrazolium chloride (TTC) to red-colored triphenyl formazan (TF) in anaerobic conditions. Results. It was established, that the dehydrogenase activity of Azotobacter vinelandii IMV B-7076 reached its maximum value at cultivation in nutrient medium with 10 g/L of glucose, pH 9.0 and 28 °C. It was shown, that at addition of the certain concentration of ions Ca2+ and Mg2+ into a nutrient medium the dehydrogenase activity of bacteria increased. However, ions Fe2+ inhibited this activity. Conclusion. It has been determined depending of dehydrogenase activity of Azotobacter vinelandii IMV B-7076 from different physico-chemical factors. It over under standing about properties this bacteria and help predict prognoses the perceptivity use of preparation Azogran in different agroecosystems.
Key words: Azotobacter vinelandii IMV B-7076, dehydrogenase activity, physico-chemical factors.
Full text (PDF, in Ukrainian)
- Herasymenko I.O., Kurdish I.K. Influence of physical-chemical factors on dehydrogenase activity of Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023. Microbiology & Biotechnology. 2014; 4:61-68.
- Herasimenko I.O., Kurdish I.K. Influence of vermiculite and silicon dioxide on dehydrogenase activity of Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023 and Azotobacter vinelandii IMV B-7076. Microbiol. Z. 2015; 77(1):9-13.
- Kurdish I.K. [Introduction of microorganisms in agroecosystems]. Naukova dumka, Kyiv, 2010. Ukrainian.
- Lakin G.F. [Biometria]. Moscow: High School, 1990. Russian.
- Lenindger A. [Biochemistry]. Moscow: Mir, 1974. Russian.
- [Practical Book of Agrochemistry]. Moscow: MNU, 2001. Russian.
- Rubenchik L.I. Azotobacter and its application in agriculture. Kyiv, Academy of Science publishers USSR. 1960.
- Patent of Ukraine 72856. Strain of bacteria Azotobacter vinelandii for bacterial fertilizer obtaining for plant-growing. Kurdish I.K., Bega Z.T. Published in 2006, bulletin 8. Ukrainian.
- Haziev F.H. [Methods of soil enzymology]. Moscow: Nauka, 2005. Russian.
- Gu.Y., Wag P., Kong C. Urease, invertase, dehydrogenase and polyphenoloxidase activities in paddy soils influenced by allelophatic Rice variety. European Journal of Soil Biology. 2009; 45:436-441. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejsobi.2009.06.003
- Nweke C.O., Alisi C.S., Okolo J.S., Nwanyanwu C.E. Toxicity of zinc to heterotrophic bacteria from a tropical river sediment. Appl. Ecol. and Environm. Res.2008; 5(1):123-132. https://doi.org/10.15666/aeer/0501_123132
- Mathew M., Obbard J.P. Optimization of the dehydrogenase assay for measurement of indigenous microbial activity in beach sediments contamined with petroleum. Biotechnol. Lett. 2001; 23:227-230. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1005613406948
- Salazar S., Sanchez L., Alvarez J., Valverde A., Galindo P., Igual J., Peix, A., SantaRegina I. Correlation among soil enzyme activities under different forest system management practices. Ecological Engineering. 2011; 37:1123-1131. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2011.02.007
- Subhani A., Changyong H., Zhengmiao Y., Min L., El-ghamry A. Impact of soil environment and agronomic practices on microbial dehydrogenase enzyme activity in soil. A Review. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences. 2001; 4:333-338. https://doi.org/10.3923/pjbs.2001.333.338
- Watts D.B., Torbert H.A., Feng Y., Prior S.A. Soil microbial community dynamics as influenced by composted dairy manure, soil properties, and landscape position. Soil Science. 2010; 175:474–486. https://doi.org/10.1097/SS.0b013e3181f7964f
- Zhang N., He X., Gao Y., Li Y., Wang H., Ma D., Zhang R., Yang S. Pedogenic carbonate and soil dehydrogenase activity in response to soil organic matter in Artemisia ordosica community. Pedosphere. 2010; 2:229-235. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1002-0160(10)60010-0