Mikrobiol. Z. 2017; 79(3):36-43. Russian.
The Influence of High-Dispersity Saponite and Silicone Dioxide
on Chemotaxis of Azotobacter vinelandii IMV B-7076 and Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023
Chuiko N.V., Kurdish I.K.
Zabolotny Institute of Microbiology and Virology, NAS of Ukraine
154 Akad. Zabolotny Str., Kyiv, 03143, Ukraine
Aim. The study of infuence of the saponite nanoparticles and silica nanoparticles on mobility and chemotaxis of Azotobacter vinelandii IMV B-7076 and Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023. These bacteria are the components of complex bacterial preparation Azogran. Methods. The microbiological, physical-chemical, biochemical and statistical methods were used in the experiments. Chemotaxis of bacteria was investigated by modifed by us capillary method. Results. Stimulation of mobility A. vinelandii IMV B-7076 was observed at addition into the phosphate buffer of 0.05 – 1.0 g/L of saponite nanoparticles and silica nanoparticles. These particles, as a rule, had no effect on his chemotaxis. The value of index chemotaxis was increased by 27 % only in the presence of 0.05 g/L silicone dioxide in medium. The mobility of bacilli was stimulated at addition in nutrient medium of 0.05 – 0.5 g/L silicone dioxide or 0.05 – 0.20 g/L saponite , but them chemotaxis was decreased. Conclusions. Interactions of bacteria A. vinelandii IMV B-7076 and B. subtilis IMV B-7023 with saponite nanoparticles and silica nanoparticles was accompanied by an increase mobility of cells. Chemotaxis of A. vinelandii IMV B-7076 cells to glucose was stimulated by addition of 0.05 g/l silicone dioxide into bacterial suspension. Saponite had no effect on this process. The chemotaxis of B. subtilis IMV B-7023 signifcantly was decreased at the content of nanoparticles of these minerals in the suspension of bacilli.
Key words: chemotaxis, Azotobacter vinelandii, Bacillus subtilis, high-dispersity particles of saponite and silicone dioxide.
Full text (PDF, in Russian)
- Huang Q., Ming P, Violante A. Soil Mineral-Microbe-Organic interactions. Springer-Verlag Berlin: Heidelberg; 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-77686-4
- Кurdish IК. Granulated Microbial Preparation for Plant Growing: Sciene and Practice. Kyiv: KVITs; 2001.
- Chuiko NV, Kurdish IK. The Chemotactic Properties of Bradyrhizobium japonicum in the Presence of Natural Fine-Grained Minerals. Microbiology. 2004; 73(3): 364–367. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:MICI.0000032241.63285.a1
- Chuiko NV, Gordienko AS, Kurdish IK. Chemotaxis and Growth of Bradyrhizobium japonicum in the Presence of Fine-Dispersed Silica. Microbiology. 2006. 75(1):44–47. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0026261706010097
- Spivak V, Astrelin I, Tolstopalova N, Atamaniuk I. Ecological sorbent which is mainly consist of saponite mineral from Ukrainian clay-feld. Chemistry & Chemical Technology. 2012; 6(4):451-457.
- Кurdish І.К. [Іntroduction of microorganisms in the agroecosystems]. Кyiv: Naukova dumka; 2010. Ukrainіan.
- Patent of Ukraine № 72856. [Strain of bacteria Azotobacter vinelandii for bacterial fertilizer obtaining for plant-growing]. Kurdish IK, Bega ZT. Publ. 2006. Bul. № 8. Ukrainian.
- Patent of Ukraine №54923 A. [Strain of bacteria Bacillus subtilis for bacterial fertilizer obtaining for plant growing]. Kurdish I.K., Roy A.O. Published in 2003. Bul. №3. Ukrainian.
- Kurdish IK, Antonyuk TS, Chuiko NV. Infuence of Environmental Factors on the Chemotaxis of Bradyrhizobium japonicum. Microbiology. 2001; 70(1):106–110. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1004805207396
- Lakin G.F. [Biometry]. Moskow: Vysshaia shkola, 1990. Russian.
- Chobotarjov AYu, Gordienko AS, Kurdish IK. [Infuence of natural minerals on growth of Azotobаcter vinelandii IMV B-7076]. Microbiol Z. 2010; 72(5):27-31. Ukrainian.
- Chobotarjov AYu, Gordienko AS, Samchuk AI, Kurdish IK. [Infuence of silicon dioxide and saponite on growth of Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023]. Microbiol Z. 2010; 72(4):33-39. Ukrainian.
- Herasimenko IO, Voychuk SI, Chobotarjov AYu, Kurdish IK. The infuence of nanosized silicon dioxide on the physiological and biochemical properties of Azotobacter vinelandii. Nano-sized systems: structure, properties, technology (NASIS-2013): IV International Scientifs Conference, 19-22 November 2013, collection of abstracts. Kyiv: 2013. 452.
- Gordienko AS, Kurdish IK. Surface Electrical Properties of Bacillus subtilis Cells and the Effect of Interaction with Silicon Dioxide Particles. Biophysics. 2007; 52(2):217-220. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0006350907020121
- Fletcher M. Effect of solid surfaces on activity of attached bacteria. Bacterial adhesion. New York, London: Plenum press; 1985. 339-326.
- Yu Liu, Shu-Fang Yang, Yong Li, Hui Xu, Lei Qin, Joo-Hwa Tay. The infuence of cell and substratum surface hydrophobicities on microbial attachment. J. of Biotechnology. 2004; 110(3):251–256. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiotec.2004.02.012
- Chobotarjov AYu, Gordienko AS, Kurdish IK. [Growth peculiarities of Bacillus subtilis and streptomycin resistant mutant in the medium with saponite] Microbiol Z. 2013; 75(5):62-67. Russian.
- Gordienko AS, Chobotarjov A Yu, Kurdish IK. [Infuence of titanium dioxide on growth of Azotobacter vinelandii IMV V-7076]. Microbiol Z. 2009; 71(3):19-25. Russian.
- Turov VV, Novza AA, Leboda R, Skubisewska-Zieba J, Szesniak M, Turov KV. Bound water in starch hydrogels with high dispersed silica. Problems of Cryobiology. 2005; 15(4):636-644.
- Chuiko NV, Gordienko AS, Kurdish IK. Chemotaxis of Azotobacter vinelandii and Bacillus subtilis in a mixed culture. Microbiology. 2013; 82(2):186–190. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0026261713020033