Mikrobiol. Z. 2016; 78(6):29-36.
Impact of a Number of Factors on Physiological and Biochemical Activity of Strains –
Components of Azogran, a Complex Bacterial Preparation
Zabolotny Institute of Microbiology and Virology, NAS of Ukraine
154 Akad. Zabolotny Str., Kyiv, 03143, Ukraine
The use of microbial preparations in plant-growing can be due to the correction of biological processes in agroecosystems and stimulates growth and development of plants. The efficiency of this process is dependent on biotic and abiotic factors, however their influence on introduction microorganisms in phytosphere is insufficiently studied. The article summarizes some results of recent studies, related to the impact of a number of environmental factors on physiological and biochemical activity of nitrogen-fixing bacteria Azotobacter vinelandii IMV B-7076 and phosphate-mobilizing strain Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023 – components of Azogran, a complex bacterial preparation for plant growing. The dependence of the physiological and biochemical activity of these bacteria, including their antioxidant potential, on biotic and abiotic environmental agents was determined. The impact of a number of factors on chemotaxis, energy metabolism of these bacteria, their synthesis of substances of phenol nature, and other biologically active substances, which may influence the efficiency of using this preparation in plant growing, was studied. Azogran inhibits the spread of phytopathogens and some kinds of phytophages in agroecosystems, is capable of protecting plants from the oxidative stress and enhancing on 16–37 % their crop productivity.
Key words: Azotobacter vinelandii, Bacillus subtilis, physiological and biochemical activity, a complex bacterial preparation Azogran.
Full text (PDF, in English)
- Kurdish I.K. [Introduction of microorganisms in agroecosystems]. Naukova dumka, Kyiv, 2010. Ukrainian.
- Patent of Ukraine No. 72856. Strain of bacteria Azotobacter vinelandii for bacterial fertilizer obtaining for plant-growing. Kurdish I.K., Bega Z.T. Published in 2006, bulletin 8. Ukrainian.
- Patent of Ukraine No. 54923A. Strain of bacteria Bacillus subtilis for bacterial fertilizer obtaining for plant-growing. I.K. Kurdish, A.O. Roy. Published in 2003, bulletin 3. Ukrainian.
- Kurdish I.K., Roy A.O., Skorochod I.O., Chobotarov A.Yu., Herasimenko I.O. [Elaboration of a free-flowing complex bacterial preparation for cereal crops. Nanosize systems and nanomaterials: studies in Ukraine]. Kyiv, Akademperiodika. 2014. P. 610–614. Russian.
- Kurdish I., Roy A., Skorochod I., Chobotarov A., Herasimenko I., Plotnikov V., et al. Free-flowing complex bacterial preparation for crops and efficiency of its use in agroecosystems. Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Food Science. 2015; 4(6):527–531. https://doi.org/10.15414/jmbfs.2015.4.6.527-531
- Van Elzas J.D., Dijkstra A.F., Govaert J.M., van Veen J.A. Survival of Pseudomonas fluorescens and Bacillus subtilis introduced into two soils of different texture in field microplots. FEMS Microbiol. Ecol. 1986; 38:151–160. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-1097(86)90046-7
- Chobotarova V.V., Bega Z.T., Kurdish I.K. [Physiological and biochemical activity of bacteria during germination of Cucumber seeds and the impact of Colpoda steinii ciliates on this process]. Microbiol. Z. 2015; 77(2):15–21. Russian. https://doi.org/10.15407/microbiolj77.02.015
- Skorochod I.O., Roy A.O., Melentiev O.I., Kurdish I.K. [Influence of bioactive substances of phosphate-mineralizing strains of genus Bacillus on plant seeds affected by oxidative stress]. Microbiology & Biotechnology. 2013; 2:41–51. Russian.
- Roy A.A., Pasichnyk L.A., Tserkovniak L.S., Khodos S.F., Kurdish I.K. [Impact of bacteria of Bacillus genus on the causative agents of bacterial cancer of tomatoes]. Microbiol. Z. 2012; 74(5):74–80. Russian.
- Roy A.O., Matselyukh O.V., Zubko P.D., Varbanets L.D., Kurdish I.K. [Proteolytic activity of phosphorous mobilizing bacteria of Bacillus genus and their influence on some phytophages]. Agricultural microbiology. 2014; 20:66–73. Russian.
- Kurdish I.K., Chuyko N.V., Gordienko A.S., Roy A.O., Dyrenko D.I., Kovalenko E.O., Hetman K.I. Initial stages of the interaction of microorganisms, introduced into the agroecosystems, and plant roots, II Intern. Scientific Conference Microbiology and Immunology – the Development Outlook in the 21st Century. Kyiv, 2016. P. 32.
- Chuiko N.V., Gordienko A.S., Kurdish I.K. Chemotaxis of Azotobacter vinelandii and Bacillus subtilis in mixed culture. Microbiology. 2013; 82(2):186–189. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0026261713020033
- Herasimenko I.O., Kurdish I.K. [Influence of vermiculite and silicon dioxide on dehydrogenase activity of Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023 and Azotobacter vinelandii IMV B-7076]. Microbiol. Z. 2015; 77(1):9–13. Ukrainian. https://doi.org/10.15407/microbiolj77.01.009
- Kurdish I.K. Granulated microbial preparations for plant-growing: science and practice. Kyiv: KVITs, 2001. Russian.
- Herasymenko I.O., Kurdish I.K. [Influence of physical-chemical factors on dehydrogenase activity of Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023]. Microbiology & Biotechnology. 2014; 4:61–68. Ukrainian.
- Skorochod I., Roy A., Kurdish I. Antioxidant potential of the phosphate-mobilizing Bacillus subtilis bacteria IMV B-7023 and Bacillus subtilis IB-22. The Journal of Free Radicals and Antioxidants. Photon. 2014; 141:371–377.
- Skorochod I.O., Roy A.O., Kurdish I.K. Influence of silica nanoparticles on antioxidant potential of Bacillus subtilis IMV B-7023. Nanoscale Research Letters. 2016; 11:139. https://doi.org/10.1186/s11671-016-1348-2
- Skorochod I.O., Kurdish I.K. [Influence of nanoparticles of silica and vermiculite on activity of enzymes of antioxidant defense Bacillus subtilis IMB B-7023]. Microbiology & Biotechnology. 2013; (1):59–67. Ukrainian.
- Wrolstad R.E., Wiley V.L., Orthofer R., Lamuela-Raventos R.M. Analysis of total phenols and other oxidation substrates and antioxidants by means of Folin-Ciocalteu Reagent. Methods in Enzymology. 1999; 299:152–178. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0076-6879(99)99017-1
- Ocheretyanko A., Skorochod I., Roy A., Kurdish I. Accumulation of phenolic compounds in the cultural media of phosphate-mobilizing bacteria of genus Bacillus Cohn. International Journal of Scientific Research in Knowledge. 2015:131–138.
- Starkman I.N., Gudkov S.V., Chernikov A.V., Bruskov V.I. Formation of hydrogen peroxide and hydroxyl radical in aqueous solutions of L-amino acids by the action of X-rays and heat. Biophysics. 2008; 53(1):5–13.