Mikrobiol. Z. 2016; 78(5):21-29. Russian.
Screening of Mannane-Degrading Enzymes Producers
Borzova N.V., Varbanets L.D., Kurchenko I.M., Nakonechna L.T.
Zabolotny Institute of Microbiology and Virology, NAS of Ukraine
154 Akad. Zabolotny Str., Kyiv, 03143, Ukraine
The aim of research was to investigate the prevalence of complex mannan-degrading enzymes among museum and freshly isolated cultures of micromycetes, actinobacteria and bacteria. It has been shown that the producers of β-mannanases mostly extracted from sources that are rich in plant residues. We detected strains of Penicillium aculeatum, P. tardum and P. rugulosum which produce a complex of β-mannanases and α-galactosidase activity. Also, strains of thermophilic micromycetes species Corynascus sepedonium, Scytalidium thermophilum and Rhizomucor tauricus with high mannanase activity in culture liquid were detected (10 – 130 U/ml). Two strains of P. aculeatum and P. tardum showed β-mannanase, β-mannosidase and α-galactosidase activity. Actinobacteria was shown high potential, 70 % of all tested strains showed mannanase activity; their activity ranged from 2 to 55 U/ml. Among the most active bacterial cultures were representatives of soil microflora: Bacillus circulans, B. subtilis, B. mesentericus, where as among the strains isolated from sea water the active mannanases producers were not found.
Key words: β-mannanase, α-galactosidase, β-mannosidase, screening.
Full text (PDF, in Russian)
- Varbanets L.D., Borzova N.V. Hlikozydazy mikroorhanizmiv i metody yikh doslidzhennya. Kyiv: Nauk. dumka, 2010.
- Metody selektsii produtsentov antibiotikov i fermentov. Leningrad: Meditsina, 1978.
- Chaplin M.E., Kennedy J.E. Carbohydrate analysis. Oxford: Washington: IRL Press, 1986.
- Dotsenko G.S., Semenova M.V., Sinitsyna O.A., Hinz S.W., Wery J., Zorov I.N., Kondratieva E.G., Sinitsyn A.P. Cloning, purification, and characterization of galactomannan-degrading enzymes from Myceliophthora thermophila. Biochemistry (Moscow). 2012; 77(11):1303–11. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0006297912110090
- Hah Y.Y., Pradeep G.C., Seung W.K., Don H.P., Yun H.C., Joo W.S., Jin C.Y. A novel low-molecular weight alkaline mannanase from Streptomyces tendae. Biotech. and Bioproc. Engineer. 2015; 20(3):453–461. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12257-014-0885-8
- Kansoh A.L., Nagieb Z.A. Xylanase and mannanase enzymes from Streptomyces galbus NR and their use in biobleaching of softwood kraft pulp. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2004; 85(2):103–114. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:ANTO.0000020281.73208.62
- Kumar L., Awasthi G., Singh B. Extremophiles: a novel source of industrially important enzymes. Biotechnology. 2011; 10(2):121–135. https://doi.org/10.3923/biotech.2011.121.135
- Liao H., Li S., Zheng H., Wei Z., Liu D., Raza W., Shen Q., Xu Y. A new acidophilic thermostable endo-1,4-β-mannanase from Penicillium oxalicum GZ-2: cloning, characterization and functional expression in Pichia pastoris. BMC Biotechnol. 2014; 14:90–101. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12896-014-0090-z
- Malgas S., van Dyk J.S., Pletschke B.I. A review of the enzymatic hydrolysis of mannans and synergistic interactions between β-mannanase, β-mannosidase and α-galactosidase. World J Microbiol. Biotechnol. 2015; 31(8):1167–75. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11274-015-1878-2
- Moreira L.R.S., Filho E.X.F. An overview of mannan structure and mannan-degrading enzyme systems. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 2008; 79(2):165–178. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00253-008-1423-4
- Olaniyi1 O., Igbe F., Ekundayo T., Ayantola K. Screening Of Bacterial Strains For Beta Mannanases Production In Solid State Fermentation. Nature and Science. 2013; 11(5):133–140.
- Rattanasuk S., Ketudat-Cairns M. Chryseobacterium indologenes, novel mannanaseproducing bacteria. S. J. of Sci. and Technol. 2009; 31(4):395–399.
- Zhang H., Sang Q. Production and extraction optimization of xylanase and β-mannanase by Penicillium chrysogenum QML-2 and primary application in saccharification of corn cob. Biochem. Eng. J. 2015; 97:101–110. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bej.2015.02.014