Mikrobiol. Z. 2016; 78(2):80-88.
The Effect of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens subsp. plantarum IMV B-7524 Strain Exometabolites
on the Induction of Defense Reactions in Winter Wheat Plants
Grabova A.Yu., Dragovoz I.V., Iliash V.M., Muchnyk F.V., Avdeeva L.V.
Zabolotny Institute of Microbiology and Virology, NAS of Ukraine
154 Akad. Zabolotny Str., Kyiv, 03143, Ukraine
Aim. To study the effect of antibiotic exometabolites of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens subsp. plantarum IMV B-7524 strain on the induction of defense responses in young plants of winter wheat. Methods. Microbiological, biochemical, phytopathological, statistical. Results. It was found that, when pre-watering winter wheat plants with salicylic acid, the cell-free culture supernatant and lipopeptide fraction of IMV B-7524 strain exometabolites during the further infection with phytopathogen Bipolaris sorokiniana, the damaged surface area of leaves decreased more than 10 times compared to the control. It was shown that in the roots and shoots of winter wheat plants L-phenylalanine ammonia-lyase (PAL) activity increased about 3 times in 2 hours after treatment. Conclusion. Reduction of the damaged surface area of leaves by the action of fungal phytopathogen and change of PAL activity in plants indicate the induction of defense responses under the influence of antibiotic exometabolites of B. amyloliquefaciens subsp. plantarum IMV B-7524 strain.
Key words: Bacillus amyloliquefaciens subsp. plantarum IMV B-7524, winter wheat, antibiotic exometabolites, Bipolaris sorokiniana, infected leaf area, L-phenylalanine ammonia-lyase, defense reactions of plants.
Full text (PDF, in English)
- Andreeva V.A. The peroxidase enzyme: participation in the defense mechanism of plants. Moscow: Nauka, 1988.
- Valueva T.A., Mosolov V.V. The role of inhibitors of proteolytic enzymes in plant protection. Uspehi biologicheskoy himii. 2002; 42:193-216.
- Vilkova Z. A., Arslanova R. A., Abakumova A. S. Efficiency of bioregulators against powdery mildew (Leveillula taurica (Lev.) G. Arnaud.) of tomato. Sovremennyie problemy nauki i obrazovaniya. 2015; 1(1).
- Gannibal P.B., Gasich E.L., Orina A.S. Evaluation of the stability of breeding material cruciferous and solanaceous crops for altemariosis. Sankt-Peterburg, 2011.
- Grabova A.Yu., Dragovoz I.V., Kruchkova L.A., Pasichnik L.A., Avdeeva L.V. Bacillus strains's screening - active antagonists of bacterial and fungal phytopathogens. Mikrobiol. Z. 2015; 77(6):47-54. https://doi.org/10.15407/microbiolj77.06.047
- Dyakov Yu.T., Ozeretskovskaya O.L., Dzhavahiya V.G., Bagirova S.F. General and Molecular Phytopathology. Moscow: Obschestvo fitopatologov, 2001.
- Krytynskaya H.N., Ditchenko T.I., Yurin V.M. Anti-stress effect of exogenous carboxylic acids on the conductivity of the plant cells plasma membrane potassium channels. Trudy BGU. 2011; 6(1):47-52.
- Kuleshova Yu. M., Fedorovich M. N., Feklistova I. N. Bacterial metabolites of P. putida and P. aurantiaca induce systemic resistance in rape plants to phytopathogenic fungi. Trudy BGU. 2011; 6(1):168-173.
- Nenko N.I., Egorov E.A., Ilina I.A., Kiseleva G.K., Sundyreva M.A. Physiological and biochemical parameters of the effect of elicitors of sustainability of the species Vitis vinifera to the defeat of the root form of phylloxera. Austrian Journal of Technical and Natural Sciences. 2015; 5-6:10-12.
- Poliksenova V.D. Induced resistance of plants to pathogens and abiotic stress factors (at the tomato example). Vestnik BGU. Ser. 2. 2009; 1:48-60.
- Tarchevskiy I.A., Maksyutova N.N., Yakovleva V.G., Grechkin A.N. Succinic acid - salicylic acid mimetic. Fiziologiya rasteniy. 1999; 46(1):23-28.
- Tyuterev S.L. Ecologically safe inducers of plant resistance to diseases and physiological stresses. Vestnik zaschityi rasteniy. 2015; 83(1):3-13.
- Shakirova F.M., Bezrukova M. V., Sahabutdinova A. R. Effect of salicylic acid on the yield of spring wheat and the balance of phytohormones in plants in ontogenesis. Agrohimiya. 2000; 5:52-56.
- Shakirova F.M. Non-specific resistance of plants to stress factors and its regulation. Ufa: Gilem, 2001.
- Shkalikov V.A., Dyakov Yu.T., Smirnov A.N., Dzhalilov F.S.-U., Stroykov Yu.M., Konovalov Yu.B., Gritsenko V.V. Plant immunity. Moscow: Kolos, 2005.
- Yavorska V.K., Dragovoz I.V., Kryuchkova L.O., Kurchii B.O., Makoveychuk T.I. Natural raw materials based growth regulators and their usage in crop production. Kyiv: Logos, 2006.
- Bradford M.M. A rapid and sensitive method for quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal. Biochem. 1976; 72:248-254. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(76)90527-3
- Dragovoz I.V., Korzh Yu.V., Leonova N.O., Iliash V.M., Avdeeva L.V. Influence of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens subsp. plantarum IMV B-7404 strain exometabolites on phenylalanine ammonia-lyase activity in winter wheat seedlings. Ukr. Biochem. J. 2015; 87(6):136-141. https://doi.org/10.15407/ubj87.06.136
- Jones D.H. Phenylalanine ammonia-lyase: Regulation of its induction, and its role in plant development. Phytochemistry. 1984; 23(7):1349-1359. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-9422(00)80465-3
- Mandal S., Mallick N., Mitra A. Salicylic acid-induced resistance to Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. lycopersici in tomato. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. 2009; 47:642-649. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plaphy.2009.03.001
- McKeen C.D., Reilly C.C., Pusey P.L. Production and partial characterization of antifungal substances antagonistic to Monilinia fructicola from Bacillus subtilis. Phytopatology. 1986; 76(2):136-139. https://doi.org/10.1094/Phyto-76-136
- Ongena М., Jourdan Е., Adam А., Paquot М., Brans А., Joris В., Arpigny J.-L., Thonart Р Surfactin and fengycin lipopeptides of Bacillus subtilis as elicitors of induced systemic resistance in plants. Environmental Microbiology. 2007; 9(4):1084-1090. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1462-2920.2006.01202.x
- Zucker M. Induction of phenylalanine ammonialyase in Xanthium leaf disks. Photosynthetic requirement and effect of daylength. Plant Physiol. 1969; 44 (6):912-922. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.44.6.912